I’m turning 26 in three weeks.
Just like that. I’m no longer a high school teeny bopper, a kolehiya striving to be a Cum Laude, and too old to hop in to another job just because I’m bored.
Birthday blues, as they say. I always get through it every November.
But, before I get carried away and start to list down my 25 years worth of hanash, why don’t I just enumerate all my learning in the past years?
Let’s discuss 25 in taglish, randomly:
1) To feel like an adult is a choice. Pwede pala yung 25 ka na pero feeling mo, 18 years old ka pa rin.
2) Ang hirap mag-ipon. Especially if you’re an advocate of self-love.
3) Lahat ng gastos mo, feeling mo necessity kahit hindi naman.
4) Ang daming magandang lugar sa Pilipinas. So far, the best ang El Nido for me.
5) Hindi kailangang mahalin ang trabaho. Pero dapat galingan mag-trabaho. So, choose that job where you want to be magaling.
6) At this age, nobody would understand you better than your (true) friends. Same hanash-es kayo eh.
7) You don’t need to be super rich, as long as you can buy the things you need (and want) at hindi problema ang pera.
8) Be maalaga of yourself. Magpaganda ka, invest in your looks, health, and mind kasi it will give you the biggest ROI.
9) Not everything that bothers you deserve a reaction. Be a big person and master the art of ignoring the nega.
10) If you’re a 25-year old single woman, you don’t need a man to be happy. Wag padala sa mga asaran.
11) Mas kawawa yung in a relationship pero losyang. Hindi makapag-travel at shopping.
12) Saka hindi porket wala kang boyfriend pangit ka. In the same way, hindi lahat ng may boyfriend maganda. Utang na loob.
13) Ang dami kong hugot dito ‘di ba? Kaya dapat hindi puro syotaan ang nasa isip. Pweh.
14) Ang sarap mag-two piece sa beach. Nakaka-liberate, charot.
15) Worth it mag-invest sa quality beauty products and accessories. For your confidence. Confidence is the key to success.
16) Your first relationship may not work, and it’s okay. Hindi katapusan ng mundo. Ibangon mo sarili mo.
17) As time goes, you can’t tell if naka-move on ka na. But, the fact that you find yourself more excited for the future than reminiscing is a good sign.
18) It would feel like you need a lifetime to forgive and forget. Be at peace with that. Pero the truth is, hindi naman lifetime, OA yun.
19) Ang sarap maging single. Yes, there are downsides, pero magpakatotoo tayo, mas maraming benefits. He he.
20) Wag susuko sa work. Pambayad yun ng cards para swipe swipe na ulit next time.
21) No matter how much you like them, never chase people. Don’t sell yourself too much. If they don’t seem to realize how awesome you are, let them let you go.
22) Do everything you need to do to reach that level of security wherein other peoples’ opinion don’t affect you anymore.
23) Invest on treasury bonds and investment plans. Lakas maka-feeling responsible adult.
24) Love your family. Express your love for them, especially for your parents.
25) God is all you need to survive. To survive life and yourself (honoring God > all your hanash).
Thanks for reading! Again, I am The Millennial Pinay.
I will publish another echoserang blog post on my birthday on the 27th at walang makakapigil sa’kin.